Male Plastic Surgery NJ
Men are subjected to the same advertising and social media criticism as women. Therefore, it should not be surprising that men have just as much interest in bettering their physical appearance and levels of self-confidence as their female counterparts.
While men are still statistically only a fraction of the plastic surgery market, making up between 10 and 20 percent of patients, the benefits offered through cosmetic enhancements span across genders.
Male plastic surgery offers relief from facial and body contour irregularities to restore a more youthful, fit, and natural-looking appearance. Dr. Beverly Friedlander offers male plastic surgery for patients in Short Hills, New Jersey.Have a Question
What is Male Plastic Surgery?
Male plastic surgery is a collection of face and body enhancement procedures that are targeted toward men. While these surgical or non-surgical procedures follow similar techniques as those for women, they are tailored to uphold the angular contours and masculinity of the male physique.
Am I a candidate for Male Plastic Surgery?
Anatomical differences notwithstanding, men and women are subjected to the same external forces and stress. Male plastic surgery is designed for men who are wanting to enhance their physical appearance, whether they are looking to improve their self-esteem in social circles or better navigate the job market.
Ideal male plastic surgery candidates:
- Do not smoke
- Are in good overall health
- Do not have any conditions that impair healing
- Have some skin elasticity
- Have realistic expectations
What are the benefits of Male Plastic Surgery?
Most men consider male plastic surgery to:
- Eliminate fatty deposits
- Tighten sagging or loose skin
- Minimize facial lines and wrinkles
- Reduce submental fullness
- Restore an athletic physique
- Maintain youthful contours
- Create more angular features
Ray talks about CoolSculpting with Dr Bev.
To see if you are a candidate for male plastic surgery, contact Dr. Beverly Friedlander by calling (973) 524-7124.
What will my Male Plastic Surgery entail?
Male plastic surgery offers enhancement for both the face and the body, and Dr. Friedlander will tailor your surgical procedure to your needs. If you are undergoing multiple cosmetic improvements, you may or may not be able to undergo them on the same day. Dr. Friedlander will explain your personalized process during your consultation. With the proper procedure(s), you will be on your way to a more defined and chiseled masculine physique.
What can I expect during my Male Plastic Surgery consultation With Dr. Bev?
Your male plastic surgery consultation with Dr. Friedlander is essential to the success of your procedure. During this meeting, Dr. Friedlander will:
- Discuss your goals and expectations
- Examine your skin and tissue laxity
- Recommend the technique(s) that will provide optimal results
- Design your surgical plan
- Inform you about how to prepare for your male plastic surgery
What does Male Plastic Surgery include?
Male plastic surgery can include one or more of the following procedures.
- Liposuction surgery, to remove excess pockets of stubborn fat around the stomach, waist, and buttocks
- Gynecomastia surgery, to reduce or remove overdeveloped breast tissue or fat in the male chest
- Tummy tuck surgery, to remove excess abdominal skin and fat while repairing abdominal tissues after significant weight loss or the aging process
- Body lift surgery, to remove excess skin around the circumference of the midsection after significant weight loss
- Arm lift surgery, to remove excess skin and fat in the upper arms after significant weight loss
- Thigh lift surgery, to remove excess skin and fat in the upper thighs
- Facelift surgery, to target the most common signs of aging in the lower two-thirds of the face
- Eyelid lift surgery, to reduce the appearance of upper eyelid hooding and under-eye bags
- Brow lift surgery, to address sagging eyebrows and eliminate the signs of aging on the forehead
- BOTOX® Cosmetic, to treat “worry” lines such as frown lines, crow’s feet, forehead lines, smoker’s lines, or a downturned smile
- Dermal fillers, to fill in facial hollows, create a more angular jawline, or reduce submental fullness
- CoolSculpting® treatment, to eliminate unwanted fat on the abdomen or love handles by administering bursts of very cold temperatures
- Ultherapy® treatment, to tighten skin on the face and neck using sound energy to heat tissue
- Chemical peel treatments, to resurface and revitalize tired or worn-out skin
Should I combine other surgical procedures with my Male Plastic Surgery?
Male plastic surgery includes a variety of cosmetic face and body procedures. These procedures are tailored to your aesthetic goals and can include as many procedures as you need.
What can I expect during my Male Plastic Surgery recovery?
Male plastic surgery is an outpatient procedure, and you can return home to begin your recovery once the anesthesia wears off.
Men can expect to develop some bruising, swelling, tightness, and tenderness in the treatment areas that will start to dissipate after a few days. Any post-operative pain or discomfort can be alleviated with prescribed or over-the-counter pain medication.
Depending on the procedures performed/combined in male plastic surgery, men can expect to take anywhere from one to two weeks off of work and their daily activities. Many men are able to work remotely two to three days after their procedure, but they should refrain from strenuous activity or heavy lifting for three to four weeks.
Men who undergo non-surgical treatments, such as BOTOX® Cosmetic, CoolSculpting®, or Ultherapy®, can return to their normal activities immediately following their procedure. There is no downtime associated with these treatments.
Are there any risks associated with Male Plastic Surgery?
Male plastic surgery is safe, especially when performed by a skilled plastic surgeon like Dr. Friedlander. While rare, certain complications are possible that are out of Dr. Friedlander’s control. These complications may include:
- Prolonged swelling
- Unfavorable scarring
When will I see my Male Plastic Surgery results?
The results of your male plastic surgery will start to become visible immediately following your surgery and will continue to improve as the bruising and swelling subside. Most men see their final results and their improved masculine contours a few weeks to a few months following their surgery.
Male plastic surgery results will last as long as they are maintained. These procedures will not stop the natural aging process and may be impacted by significant fluctuations in weight.
Schedule a Male Plastic Surgery consultation
If you would like to set up a consultation with Dr. Friedlander to see if you are a candidate for male plastic surgery, contact our offices by calling (973) 524-7124.
Dr. Friedlander sees patients from Short Hills, Livingston, and Morristown, New Jersey.