It comes to no surprise that with age comes imperfections such as wrinkles. But while makeup or home remedies may mask them for a time, they only offer temporary results. When this happens, many patients turn to plastic surgery for help.
There are those who desire to rejuvenate and beautify their appearance without having to undergo invasive surgery. Fortunately, Dr. Friedlander and her master aesthetician offer many non-surgical treatments from lasers and high tech treatments to injectable neuromodulators and fillers and use their aesthetic expertise to help you maintain your vibrant, youthful, and healthy appearance.
Am I a good candidate for Wrinkle Reduction?
When we are young, our skin is resilient and bounces back into place. Collagen and elastin decline as we age, beginning in our 20s and 30s. Repeated facial movements etch lines into the skin that become deeper over time as the skin loses its elasticity and youthful features morph into wrinkles and folds. The importance of “prejuvenation” or prevention cannot be overstated. To maintain an appearance that is youthful and refreshed, one must embrace a multitude of treatments and select the ones that address not only the evident areas but also the foundations of aging, understanding that the causes of wrinkles are insidious and creep up unannounced.
Whether your wrinkles are caused by sun damage, heredity, or even smoking and vaping, Dr. Friedlander and the True Beauty Med Spa have an answer. Under Dr. Bev’s supervision, we provide a variety of services that are designed to target aged, stressed, and sun-damaged skin. She or her aesthetician will go over your medical history, examine the condition of your skin, and recommend a treatment plan intended to help you achieve your aesthetic goals safely and effectively. If you struggle with severe or, you may benefit more from procedures like facelift, eyelid lift, or brow lift surgery.
What are my Wrinkle Reduction options?
Injectables – Neuromodulators
These are treatments that turn off muscle actions. It is the muscle contracting, or working, that causes certain wrinkles. If we can reduce muscle activity with a neuromodulator, we can reduce these wrinkles.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic is a dilute neuromodulator that can be administered as an injectable to refresh your face and eliminate wrinkles. Often used around the eyes, crow’s feet, and forehead, BOTOX® Cosmetic may be the answer for you.
- Dysport® is a dilute neuromodulator that is similar to BOTOX® Cosmetic but may be better suited to treat wrinkles in the upper face in selected patients.
- XEOMIN® is similar to BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport® and has certain unique features that can be used to improve your facial appearance by reducing the appearance of wrinkles if you are resistant to other neuromodulators.
- JEUVEAU®, also called “Newtox”, is similar to the other neuromodulators and was developed specifically for cosmetic wrinkle reduction.
Injectables – Fillers
These are treatments that fill in deep spaces. They add volume or shift fullness, improving contour. The wrinkles here are not caused by muscle action, but by gravity and heredity.
- Fat Transfer is a safe, effective, long-lasting alternative to synthetic fillers. Using your own excess fat, it can be used in multiple regions of the face to address wrinkles and signs of aging, without the risk of allergic reactions.
- JUVÉDERM® is a versatile filler that minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while also restoring volume to the face that has been lost as a result of age and gravity.
- RADIESSE® is a safe and effective filler and is useful in a variety of facial locations, particularly where volume is needed. It consists of a mineral found in our bones.
- Restylane®, like JUVÉDERM®, is a hyaluronic acid (HA) filler. HA is a sugar naturally produced by the body that can address facial wrinkles and other signs of aging.
- Sculptra® Aesthetic is a long-lasting filler that works by stimulating collagen production, resulting in smooth and healthy skin.
Laser treatments use the energy found in light and nature to rejuvenate tissues. This energy is absorbed by the target cells (chromophores), resulting in the destruction of the cells. The energy is specific to the target, resulting in an improved appearance of the surrounding tissue.
- Fractional Skin Resurfacing (CO2 Laser) minimizes the appearance of wrinkles and damaged skin by removing the outer skin layers while tightening the skin.
- Lumecca® IPL Photofacial, while technically not a laser, is the strongest treatment of its kind on the market, and can help you get a head start on prevention by reducing sun damage, age spots, increased pigmentation, and helping to restore healthy, youthful skin.
Technologically Advanced Treatments
These treatments are ideal for prevention as well as improvement. They stimulate the production of new collagen and elastin, the foundational support of healthy skin.
- Morpheus8 combines skin tightening with radiofrequency and the anti-aging benefits of Microneedling to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and lines, creating a more rejuvenated appearance.
- Morpheus8 Resurfacing combines the advantages of the Morpheus8 microneedling technology with fractional resurfacing to improve fine lines and scars, resulting in smoother, healthier-looking skin.
- Ultherapy® is an acclaimed treatment that uses focused ultrasound to stimulate your body’s own collagen production. It lifts and tightens the brow, jaw, and neck while also improving the lines and wrinkles on the décolletage.
What will my recovery be like?
Fillers and neuromodulators are non-surgical treatments, and there is little to no downtime required. You will be able to return to all normal activities immediately after your treatment. You may experience some redness and swelling in the treated area, but these effects should resolve after a few days. Be sure to avoid direct exposure to the sun and use plenty of sunscreen.
Lasers and more technologically advanced treatments may be associated with some downtime that will vary depending on the treatment, so be sure to review this with Dr. Bev or her aesthetician.
What results can I expect?
You can expect results that will improve the appearance of your skin and boost your self-esteem. Your skin will look smoother and healthier. It may be recommended that you undergo multiple sessions to achieve the results you desire, depending on the type of treatment you choose. Since we cannot prevent the effects of time and age, Dr. Friedlander recommends maintenance treatments to ensure long-term improvement; otherwise, nature will prevail, leading to recurrent signs of aging and damage.
Schedule a Wrinkle Reduction consultation
If you are interested about in our wrinkle reduction treatments and their price, please contact Dr. Friedlander by calling her at her Short Hills, NJ, office at (973) 524-7124, or you can schedule a consultation online today to learn more about the procedure and discuss pricing!