Cellfina® in New Jersey
Many women are embarrassed by the cellulite on their thighs and buttocks. While cellulite develops because of fat, it is not fat and does not react to diet and exercise. Cellulite is the dimpling on the skin that is caused when the connective bands (septae) travel between the underlying tissue and skin. These bands put pressure on the existing fat, trapping it between the bands and causing the skin to dimple.
Cellfina® is the only FDA-cleared, one-time treatment that effectively reduces these connective bands and improves the appearance of cellulite. Dr. Friedlander is one of the first plastic surgeons in New Jersey to offer this long-term solution for cellulite reduction. With improvement shown to last over five years, many women can experience satisfaction with smoother, dimple-free skin.Have a Question
What is Cellfina®?
Cellfina® is a minimally invasive treatment that uses controlled subcision. Subcision targets and cuts the bands beneath the skin that cause cellulite. By releasing the bands, the skin can bounce back, improving the dimples. The treatment is performed under local anesthesia in the comfort of Dr. Friedlander’s New Jersey office and has very little downtime.
Am I a candidate for Cellfina®?
Nearly 85 percent of women experience cellulite, regardless of their weight or body shape. These “cottage cheese” or “orange peel” marks can make women self-conscious about their appearance. Women often cover up while in a swimsuit, or won’t wear shorts because of their cellulite.
Cellfina® is approved for cellulite treatment in the thighs and buttocks. Optimal results are achieved in women (and men) who have good skin elasticity and no significant fatty deposits in the thighs or butt.
Ideal Cellfina® candidates:
- Have deep dimples in the thighs and buttocks
- Are in good overall health
- Do not have any medical conditions that impair healing
- Have some skin elasticity
- Have realistic expectations
- Have cellulite but limited amounts of excess fat
To see if you are a candidate for Cellfina®, contact Dr. Beverly Friedlander in New Jersey by calling (973) 524-7124.
What are the benefits of Cellfina®?
Most patients consider Cellfina® to:
- Reduce the appearance of cellulite on their buttocks and thighs
- Achieve smoother skin
- Feel more comfortable and confident in shorts and bathing suits
What will my Cellfina® treatment entail?
Your Cellfina® treatment will be customized to you depending on the extent of your cellulite and whether any additional cosmetic procedures are performed.
What can I expect during my Cellfina® consultation with Dr. Bev?
Your consultation with Dr. Friedlander is necessary for your Cellfina® treatment. During this meeting,
Dr. Friedlander will:
- Discuss your goals and expectations
- Examine your skin and severity of cellulite
- Design your treatment plan
- Recommend combination treatment(s) that may improve results
How is Cellfina® performed?
Cellfina® is a minimally invasive treatment performed under a local anesthetic for your comfort and safety. This treatment typically takes between 45 minutes and one hour; however, the length of the treatment will depend on the size and number of the areas being treated.
To perform Cellfina®:
- The treatment areas are marked and stabilized using a custom platform.
- The areas are numbed with a local anesthetic, such as lidocaine.
- A precision handpiece, fitted with a microblade, divides the bands just below the skin, releasing them and smoothing the skin.
Should I combine other procedures with Cellfina® in New Jersey?
Cellfina® can be performed on its own to reduce the appearance of cellulite, but often, other procedures such as liposuction or CoolSculpting®, will provide additional correction to the thighs and buttocks and draw attention away from the dimpling.
Due to the nature of Cellfina®, it is not performed at the same time as a surgical procedure; however, it can be completed before the surgery or after you have finished your recovery. Dr. Friedlander will explain when might be a good time to undergo Cellfina® in relation to other cosmetic treatments.
Common combination procedures include:
- Liposuction surgery, to remove stubborn pockets of fat from the thighs, buttocks, or surrounding areas
- Tummy tuck surgery, to enhance abdominal contour by addressing excess skin and fat and repairing weakened abdominal muscles
- Breast augmentation surgery, to increase breast volume and shape
- CoolSculpting® treatment, to “freeze” away unwanted without surgery
- Ultherapy® treatment, to non-surgically tighten skin on the face, neck, and chest
What can I expect during my Cellfina® recovery?
Since Cellfina® is minimally invasive, there is little downtime. Dr. Friedlander recommends taking up to 24 hours off from work and a few days away from the gym.
Every patient heals differently, and you may require more or less time away from your day-to-day activities.
Are there any risks associated with Cellfina®?
Cellfina® is not surgery, and no serious side effects have been reported. Some patients have experienced bruising, swelling, and tenderness, which resolves quickly without requiring extensive downtime. Dr. Friedlander will provide you with a list of what to do and what not to do following your treatment.
You can reduce your chances of experiencing complications by following all of Dr. Friedlander’s recommendations.
When will I see my Cellfina® results?
Most patients start to see their results in as little as three days after their treatment. This continues to improve as the bruising and swelling subside. Cellfina® only requires a single treatment, and the results are expected to last at least five years.
Schedule a Cellfina® consultation
Dr. Friedlander sees patients from Short Hills, Livingston, Morristown, and other New Jersey areas.