BRAZILIAN BUTT LIFT IN NEW JERSEY
Full, round buttocks are symbols of youth and beauty in today’s society, and they attract a great deal of social and mainstream media attention. While a shapely backside is a desire of many, not every woman is gifted with one naturally.
If you are unhappy with the shape, size, or appearance of your buttocks, a buttock lift may be the right procedure for you.Have a Question
What is a Brazilian Butt Lift?
A buttock lift improves the shape of your derrière by creating rounder, sexier “cheeks.” The Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) uses your fat, rather than implants, to restore natural-looking fullness you desire.
For patients who do not desire the full Brazilian Butt Lift, Dr. Friedlander offers variations of the butt lift procedure that result in an improved shape without a change in size for women in New Jersey.
Am I a candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift?
While this procedure is often performed on younger women looking to augment their butt, it can be performed at any age.
Ideal Brazilian Butt Lift candidates:
- Do not smoke
- Are in good overall health
- Have enough body fat to harvest
- Do not have any medical conditions that impair healing
- Have realistic expectations
If you do not have enough fat to augment the butt, a mini butt lift may still be appropriate, as this technique improves the shape of your buttock but does not require the transfer of fat.
What are the benefits of Brazilian Butt Lift surgery?
Most women consider Brazilian Butt Lift surgery to:
- Restore or create volume in the buttocks
- Lift the buttocks
- Enhance the roundness of the buttocks
- Sculpt the surrounding areas
- Create an hourglass shape
To see if you are a candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift, contact Dr. Beverly Friedlander in New Jersey by calling (973) 524-7124.
What will my Brazilian Butt Lift surgery entail?
Brazilian Butt Lift surgery is highly customizable, and Dr. Friedlander will tailor all surgical techniques to meet your needs and aesthetic desires. She will use your own fat to reshape your buttocks.
What can I expect during my Brazilian Butt Lift consultation with Dr. Bev?
Your Brazilian Butt Lift consultation with Dr. Friedlander will allow you to discuss your surgical goals and concerns. This meeting will allow Dr. Friedlander to explain the procedure and perform a full examination to determine if the Brazilian Butt Lift is right for you.
During your consultation, Dr. Friedlander will:
- Examine the size and shape of your buttocks
- Determine where to harvest the fat from
- Recommend the technique(s) to provide optimal results
- Evaluate your skin laxity
- Design your surgical plan
- Inform you about how to prepare for your Brazilian Butt Lift
How is Brazilian Butt Lift performed?
Brazilian Butt Lift surgery is performed under anesthesia for your safety and comfort. This procedure can take up to several hours depending on the butt lift technique chosen.
Brazilian Butt Lift
The Brazilian Butt Lift utilizes your own fat to sculpt and restore fullness to the buttocks. This procedure results in improved aesthetics of your butt and all areas from which fat has been harvested, creating a thinner flatter abdomen, improved waistline and of course, shaplier and fuller buttocks.
To perform a Brazilian Butt Lift:
- Anesthesia is administered.
- Small incisions are made in the harvesting areas, and fat is removed with liposuction. Fat is commonly harvested from the abdomen, hip/waist, bra rolls, or thighs.
- The removed fat is separated and cleansed.
- The purified fat is transferred to the butt in multiple layers using special cannulas. This technique allows Dr. Bev to shape and contour a curvier silhouette.
Modified Butt Lift
The modified butt lift is ideal for women who wish to reshape the buttocks but do not want to increase the size of the butt significantly. This technique is similar to a full butt lift, but uses less fat. In this procedure, Dr. Bev still contours your midsection to create a shaplier figure, but she strategically layers the fat in areas of deficiency to smooth and round out your buttocks without making them bigger.
To perform a Modified Butt Lift:
- Anesthesia is administered.
- Fat is harvested from your tummy and hips with liposuction.
- This fat is separated and cleansed.
- The fat is transferred into the buttocks, but instead of focusing on size, Dr. Friedlander concentrates on contour. Simultaneously, you achieve an improvement in all the areas that were treated with liposuction.
Mini Butt Lift
The mini butt lift is a technique also performed by Dr. Friedlander. This option is ideal for patients who want to reshape their buttocks but cannot commit to the recovery period of a traditional Brazilian Butt Lift or do not have adequate fat to augment the butt. With this technique, Dr. Friedlander enhances your butt’s shape while defining the waist, hips, and surrounding areas.
To perform a Mini Butt Lift:
- Anesthesia is administered.
- Fat is removed with liposuction from strategic locations to enhance the shape of the buttocks by highlighting the surrounding contours.
- Unlike the other methods, this technique does not inject fat into the butt, but sculpts the surrounding areas to create a smoother, curvier derrière.
Should I combine other surgical procedures with my Brazilian Butt Lift in New Jersey?
The Brazilian Butt Lift can be performed as a standalone procedure to achieve slimmer contours and a shapelier butt, or it can be combined with an additional body contouring treatment that removes excess skin or augments the breasts.
Common combination procedures include:
- Liposuction surgery, to eliminate pockets of diet and exercise-resistant fat
- Tummy tuck surgery, to tighten abdominal contours by trimming skin, removing fat, and repairing muscles
- Body lift surgery, to eliminate loose skin on the abdomen, thighs, and butt
- Breast augmentation surgery, to increase breast volume and shape.
What can I expect during my Brazilian Butt Lift recovery?
A full, modified, or mini Brazilian Butt Lift procedure can be performed. Dr. Friedlander observes her patients overnight after a full butt lift, but the modified butt lift and mini butt lift are outpatient procedures, allowing you to return home to start your recovery as soon as the anesthesia wears off. Recovery times vary significantly based on where the fat was harvested from and any procedures performed in conjunction with your Brazilian Butt Lift and liposuction.
Most patients require one to three weeks off from work and six to eight weeks away from strenuous exercise. While every patient responds to the procedure differently, it is common to experience bruising, swelling, and numbness, which improve over time. To aid your recovery, Dr. Friedlander recommends drinking plenty of fluids and focusing on a well-balanced diet.
Dr. Friedlander will provide you with a compression garment that will help mold the buttocks, promote circulation, and reduce swelling. Since the fat was transferred to your buttocks (and the transferred fat is delicate), you will not be able to sit or lay directly on your butt for the first two weeks, except to use the toilet. After that, you should limit your “sitting time” to half-hour increments, with long breaks in between.
To help you manage this, Dr. Friedlander and her staff have put together a variety of ways to reduce pressure on your buttocks.
- Boppy pillow: Commonly used by nursing mothers, it can be placed under the thighs to lift the butt without putting pressure on the transferred fat.
- Cane chair with “sling-style seat”: This sling chair supports the back of the thighs while the butt hangs off the end.
- Super Booty Buddy: This supports the thighs and the lower back while avoiding any pressure to the butt.
- Body pillow: This is especially useful when sleeping to promote comfort.
- Female urinal: Commonly called the “Pee-Zee” or the “Easy Pee,” this allows women to urinate while standing so that they do not have to place pressure on the butt.
Are there any risks associated with Brazilian Butt Lift surgery?
Your safety throughout your surgical procedure and recovery is Dr. Friedlander’s highest priority. She will do everything in her power to ensure your safety, including reviewing your medical history to determine any factors that may increase your risk. Unfortunately, even with the utmost care, some risk is present.
These risks are heightened in those with pre-existing conditions, such as high blood pressure or a history of smoking.
While complications are rare, they can include:
- Fat necrosis
- Prolonged swelling
- Altered sensation
- Scarring (at the liposuction sites)
- Fat embolism
You can reduce your chances of experiencing these complications by following all of Dr. Friedlander’s recommendations before and after your surgery.
When will I see my Brazilian Butt Lift results?
While you will notice the immediate improvement in your buttock shape and the smoothness of the areas fat was harvested, it will take time for all of the swelling to disappear and for the transferred fat to settle. It is not expected that all of the new fat in your buttocks will survive. There can be a loss of 20 to 50 percent of the transferred fat as the buttocks heal. Your butt may initially feel firmer or lumpier than the surrounding areas, but as the healing progresses, this will improve, revealing your softer, shapelier contours.
A great deal of your recovery will occur in the first few weeks after your surgery; however, as the healing continues, you can see improvements in your new buttock shape for up to one year.
Schedule a consultation for Brazilian Butt Lift
If you would like to consult with Dr. Friedlander to see if you are a candidate, contact our offices by calling (973) 524-7124.
Dr. Friedlander sees patients from Short Hills, Livingston, Morristown, and other New Jersey areas.