Skin Health Tips for a Glowing Complexion
Posted February 21, 2018 in General
While there is a full array of treatments and products available at our TrueBeauty MedSpa to help you achieve your best skin, one of the most important things you can do to keep your skin looking youthful and healthy, is GET ENOUGH SLEEP! Doctors recommend a full 7-8 hours per night for healthy adults. Turn out the lights, and give your skin a break.
What we do during the daytime can influence the quality of our sleep! There are some important habits to start incorporating into your daily routine to set yourself up for a better sleep in the evenings. Here are some habits to consider incorporating into your daily routine:
- Calm Your Senses: Relax in a warm shower or bath. Try adding a few drops of calming essential oil into your bath, such as lavender oil, which helps to induce a more relaxed mood.
- Slow It Down: Help your mind slow down with techniques like meditation, or calming yoga to help signal to your brain that it’s time to be peaceful and serene.
- Make the proper sleep setting: Stop using electronics that emit blue light, such as phones, laptops and TV’s a few hours before bedtime. Light emitted from electronics tend to subdue melatonin in our brains, keeping us awake longer. Make the bedroom as dark as possible – try using room darkening curtains. Playing a white noise machine in your room will take your focus away from racing thoughts and create a soothing atmosphere.
- Keep the bedroom cool: There is no perfect temperature, since every person will decide which temperature feels cool to them. By allowing your body temperature to lower, the body signals itself to drift into sleep.
- Caffeine Craze: Keep caffeine strictly to morning and early afternoon hours. If you find that you are still craving a hot drink later in the day, try sipping on relaxing herbal or chamomile (caffeine-free of course!) teas.
Learn new ways to boost your skin’s health further by visiting Dr. Beverly Friedlander and our TrueBeauty MedSpa. Contact us to schedule an appointment with Dr. Beverly Friedlander today.