Everything You Need to Know About WrinklesPublished on September 19, 2017 by Beverly Friedlander
At some point in everyone’s life, wrinkles will begin to make a surprise appearance. While some people may go longer without displaying any signs of prominent wrinkles, they are bound to appear sooner or later. Knowing more about what causes them and how you can prevent them will allow you to maintain a youthful look.
The Common Causes of Wrinkles
Wrinkles are among the earliest signs of aging that you will see. They form on different areas of the body, especially the face. They are caused by:
• Age – Aging is the most common cause of wrinkles. As you grow older, the skin becomes more fragile and loses its elasticity and moisture. You lose 1% of your collagen every year after the age of 21.
• Poor Lifestyle Habits – Smoking, poor dietary habits, and a lack of exercise are bad for your health and can accelerate the natural aging process.
• Prolonged Exposure to the Sun – While some exposure to the sun is good for you, spending a long time exposed to ultraviolet rays, especially without the proper protection, can break down your skin’s connective tissue and result in wrinkling.
Steps You Can Take to Prevent Wrinkles
Even though wrinkles are a natural part of the aging process, there are several steps that you can take to prevent them. They include:
• Wearing sunscreen, clothes, and hats that will keep your skin protected from the sun’s harmful rays
• Keeping your skin moisturized
• Drinking a lot of water to stay hydrated
• Getting plenty of sleep every night
• Maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle
• Wearing less makeup
Reduce Wrinkles with the Help of a Plastic Surgeon
If your wrinkles are making you look older than you feel and you want a quick solution, don’t worry – with the help of an experienced plastic surgeon, the youthful look you desire is well within reach. If you’re interested in learning about treatments such as Botox, or fillers contact our office to schedule a consultation.
Dr. Beverly Friedlander, a board-certified surgeon who cares about her patients, will listen to your questions and concerns and will help you acquire the results you desire using the proper treatments.